You may have heard the word doula before in relation to childbirth or this may be the first time you hear it.
A doula is someone who offers emotional and physical support to a woman before, during and after childbirth.
She puts the mother at the centre of her experience and supports her choices, provides a listening ear, a comforting hug, a believer in the truthfulness and depth of her feelings and her intuition. All of these things are often lost in the blurry of medical appointments, practical preparation and the excitement and worry of waiting for your baby to be born. A doula is your very own pregnancy and birth coach, an ally, a supporter, and occasionally an advocate. In most cases, she is there during the birth, a constant in a sea of changing spaces and shifts, and in the rollercoaster of emotions and physical sensations before, during and after birth.
I am a pregnancy and birth doula based in Coleraine and provide the following services on the North Coast, Belfast, counties Antrim, Tyrone, Derry/Londonderry and Donegal:
- Antenatal and birth support
- Birth preparation including preference consultation and optimal baby positioning.
- Pre-pregnancy support for women struggling to conceive and/or during fertility treatments.
- Rewind Sessions (to help reframing negative emotions from traumatic antenatal, birth or postnatal experiences).
- Miscarriage and still birth support (for free).
Member of Doulas of Northern Ireland and Doula UK.
|There is no information available here yet|