We believe that every child deserves to have the best opportunity for a happy, healthy and safe childhood, regardless of background, race, religion, socio-economic conditions or family situation. Our workshop series aims to educate, raise awareness of issues affecting children at different developmental stages, and promote positive childhood experiences in Northern Ireland, mindful parenting and to provide opportunities for parents/carers and professionals to develop their own skills, knowledge and support network. The workshop series is being co-ordinated by The Mind Tribe UK, a training company with a passion for promoting life-long positive mental health, growth mindset thinking, resilience, communication, mindfulness and overall well-being to all of our tribe! We aim to bring together and create a positive parenting network across Northern Ireland, to connect, learn, share, improve and support each other on the parenting journey.
These four, half-day workshops are for parents, carers, professionals or anyone with an interest in positive parenting techniques. Attendees can choose to attend just one workshop or any combination/all four. We also welcome private sector companies, community and volunteer groups. These workshops will explore various elements of parenting and provide learning opportunities, support, tips and shared experiences to encourage and maintain positive parenting strategies, collaborative family dynamics and healthy families.
Across the workshops we will explore a variety of topics including:
• Positive Discipline
• Cyber Safety
• Supporting positive mental health
• Dealing with tantrums
• Homework help
• Supporting children through exams
• Self-care & Mindfulness
The Workshop Series:
• Positive Parenting through the Early Years | Birth – 3 Years | Saturday 14th September 2019 | 10am-2pm | Skainos Centre, Belfast
• Positive Parenting through the Primary Years | 4 – 11 Years | Saturday 12th October 2019 | 10am-2pm | Skainos Centre, Belfast
• Positive Parenting through the Secondary Years | 11-18 Years | Saturday 9th November 2019 | 10am-2pm | Skainos Centre, Belfast
• Positive Parenting & Self-Care | For parents of all ages | Saturday 7th December 2019 | 10am-2pm | Skainos Centre, Belfast
Attendees can attend just one workshop or any combination/all of the workshops.
|There is no information available here yet|